The Produce Department in Eataly Chicago is seeking qualified applications for full and part time work. Please submit your resume or apply in person at Eataly Chicago at the Produce department.
Key daily responsibilities include:
• Greeting and interacting with customers maintaining the highest standard of professionalism
• Become an expert in all varieties of produce offered and help educate and sell to customers
• Pricing items by weight with an interactive scale
• Receiving in produce deliveries (checking quality, put away, and following rotation procedures)
• Re-stocking the Produce department as necessary
• Repacking salads, fruit, and using minimal knife skills to slice and dice produce items as needed
• Other duties as assigned by the manager
• Benefits include healthcare, paid time off, and a 401k program, all after a probationary period.
The following shifts are available, however, start/end times may be flexible depending on the applicant: 6:00 am to 2:30 pm 10:00 am to 6:00 pm 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm
Looking for Full Time and Part time positions!
ASSISTANT PRODUCE MANAGER
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Hire, develop, counsel, mentor and motivate all Produce Department Staff in a manner which builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turnover.
• Provide the associate team with vision and direction.
• Assist in setting and achieving the highest standards in retail execution.
• Work with Staff to ensure that the highest quality products and services are available.
• Maximize Staff productivity and efficiency.
• Manage inventory and daily orders
• Assist Produce Manager in pricing to achieve required margin targets.
• Assist in maintaining proper product assortment, merchandising and inventory control.
• Develop and maintain creative store layout and product merchandising aligned with overall Eataly store vision.
• Maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of Staff morale.
• Achieve professional goals set forth by Produce Manager
• Manage the buying and ordering process to meet Baldor quality standards.
• Demonstrate advanced product knowledge; maintain awareness of new products and regularly incorporate new products into the overall produce mix.
• Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
• Ensure department operates and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
• Demonstrated a minimum of 1 to 2 years of management experience.
• Ability to read and prepare reports and business communications.
• Experience in successfully managing inventory and profit margins.
• Strongly demonstrated passion and knowledge for Produce, Natural and Organic foods
• Clear and effective communicator.
• Strong ability to work wth others in a team setting
• Demonstrated ability at mentoring others.
• Strong organizational skills
• Strongly demonstrated merchandising skills.
• Available for flexible scheduling to meet needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
• Stand and walk for extended periods of time
• Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat
• Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50lbs. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100lbs.
• Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
The ideal candidate will be an experienced team player, collaborative, and goal oriented. You will take initiative and be a self-starter, and will know how to multi-task while paying close attention to detail. You will present a professional, yet friendly and approachable demeanor, and you will interface with employees and the public with diplomacy and tact.
• Strong team building and leadership skills; able to lead, coach, inspire, motivate and develop others; able to effectively delegate and follow-up.
• Able to skillfully train others; proven ability to mentor and nurture.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Able to build and maintain effective, positive internal/external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals throughtout the organization and exemplify these qualities in a leadership role.
• Ability to work effectively in an open, dynamic and collaborative environment
• Strong initiative and problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues skillfully, appropriately, and in a timely manner.
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; able to prioritize and plan work activities, using time efficiently.
• Ability to consistently meet our customers' needs.